- The Marlins need to lockup Giancarlo Stanton to a long term deal now. When he is in the lineup the team dynamics is totally different.
- My estamation is that a contract extension for him would be like:
- From Mlbtraderumors.com : “
When MLBTR’s Mike Axisa examined the possibility of an extension for Stanton earlier this offseason, he pointed out that Justin Upton ($50MM), Jay Bruce ($51MM) and Carlos Gonzalez ($80MM) signed recent long-term deals that could be relevant to Stanton’s case. We can now add Andrew McCutchen ($51.5MM) to the list as well.”
- On June 13 the Marlins placed him on the DL.
- On that date the Marlins where 7 games back of first place.
- The question is; if he was not injured would the Marlins be in contention? Would they have traded Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante, and Hanley Rameriez.
- I think that they would have NOT been traded and I think that they would be going for the second wild card right now.
- Also they would have traded for players to help them get further and it might have been some big name players.